Here is another round of What’s For Dinner This Week! Again, this isn’t a diet plan or anything like that, just an effort to eat whole and relatively healthy. My criteria for recipes is that they are easy, healthy, and family friendly. If you missed the other meal plans, here is Week 1 and here is Week 2.
I shared this recipe a while back and I am the first to admit, it’s not much of a recipe! It’s a very easy one dish pan of sautéed chicken and colored peppers. My family likes it, though, and many times I will add a greek flare by wrapping the chicken and peppers in a tortilla for the kids topped with some tzatziki sauce.
This is the best Taco Soup recipe! It’s different every time I make it, depending on what type of diced tomatoes and beans I use. I have found my family likes things on the spicy side so they like it when I use hot diced tomatoes and hot chili beans. You can cook this on the stove top, but I usually throw everything in the crockpot and let it heat all day. We like to serve it with tortilla chips, Fritos, shredded cheese, and sour cream. Granted, that turns it into a not so healthy dish so skip the toppings if you’re on a diet!
This soup is also good for a crowd. Serve it with our AMAZING Jalapeño Margaritas!
- 1 lb. ground turkey, browned
- 2 cans White Corn
- 2 cans Chili Beans
- 1 can Black Beans
- 1 can White Chili Beans
- 4 cans Diced Tomatoes ready for Chili
- 1 Pkg Dry Taco Seasoning
- 1 Pkg Dry Ranch Seasoning
- Pour all ingredients in large stock pot or crock pot.
- Add dry taco seasoning and dry ranch seasoning.
- Simmer in pot or cook in crock pot until warmed.
Miss Katie’s Jambalaya
Another recipe from a friend. We all love this one! Not everyone in my family likes shrimp, so I stick to chicken and sausage, but shrimp would be a great addition or substitution.
Miss Katie's Jambalaya
- 8 oz Ekrich Turkey sausage, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 14.5oz can Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilis
- 8 oz chicken tenders (cut up, uncooked)
- 1 bunch green onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 box cooked rice or cauliflower rice
- Heat skillet. Add Peppers and Sausage and cook 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, chicken, salt, and water.
- Heat to boiling on high. Reduce to low.
- Cover and simmer 10n minutes. Remove from heat.
- Top mixture over rice or cauliflower rice. Garnish with green onion.
Have a great week!