The grind of weeknight dinner – ugh – who can relate? To find something easy, quick, healthy, and kid friendly to serve for dinner is a challenge. #thestruggleisreal. When I find a winner, winner, chicken dinner (no pun intended), I feel like I’ve hit the jackpot! I will share these recipes on the blog because sharing is caring! I’m almost embarrassed to put this Chicken & Peppers “recipe” on here, because it’s not much of a recipe!😋 But, it is easy, healthy, and my entire family likes it so I thought that made it worth the share.
Chicken & Peppers – An Easy & Healthy Recipe
This “recipe” was made up years ago after my husband and I were trying to follow through on our healthy eating New Year’s Resolution. We might have even been doing the Atkin’s Diet at the time – am I dating myself by admitting that? 😁 Honestly, this recipe is still one I reach for everytime I am kicking off a healthy eating resolution. I’ve been pretty good about healthy food choices since school started and this has been in rotation. Although, tbh, with two girls playing volleyball (which equates to what feels like 50 matches a week) it doesn’t leave much time for cooking!
Family Friendly Recipe Tips
I offer a few variations of this recipe to the kids. I will heat up tortillas or Naan bread and they can do a Chicken & Pepper roll-up. They also like it with a dallop of tzatski sauce or ranch. Sometimes, I will leave some of the peppers uncooked and the kids want their chicken with the raw, colored, bell peppers.
Personally, I also like to add spinach to my chicken & peppers. If I’m trying to be extra healthy, I will skip the bread and just eat it like a bowl.
For more winner dinners, click here.
Chicken & Peppers
- 4 Chicken Breasts, patted dry and seasoned
- 3 colored bell peppers, cut into one inch pieces
- 10 oz baby spinach optional
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 clove garlic
- Heat olive oil in saute pan.
- Cook garlic until fragrant.
- Add chopped peppers and cook until lightly browned and tender.
- Add spinach (if you so choose) when peppers are almost cooked.
- Set cooked peppers and spinach aside.
- Spray your pan and cook the chicken breasts.
- When chicken is cooked through,cut into bite size pieces
- Add chicken and pepper mixture back to the saute pan.
- Sprinkle liberally with italian seasoning.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.