Whether you are in a car or plane, you want to feel comfortable when you are traveling. Throughout the years, I have developed a formula for my travel day outfit and essentials. Today I’m sharing my travel day look along with several functional items that help keep me organized. Also, I’ve read a ton of good books lately so if you need some vacation reads, I’m sharing my list below!
*affiliate links used. See Disclosure for more info.
Travel Day Essentials
Graphic Tee: strip the layers as soon as you land! I just ordered this one, too.
Jean Jacket: duh. 🙂 A vacation essential.
Cozy Sweatshirt: I’m always cold on the plane, so I like a thin sweatshirt under my jean jacket.
7/8 Pants: These are my all time favorite pants. They are available in full, 7/8, and capri lengths. The material is breathable and wrinkle free. If you don’t want to spend that much, I haven’t tried these, but heard they are good from my friends @Everyday M&K.
Straw Hat: Finally, a straw hat that is packable! I ordered this as soon as I saw it. I’ve ruined many hats by trying to squish them in my carry-on.
Sneakers: A great Golden Goose look alike! I also have and love these! They are made out of a mesh like waterproof material and they are the only shoes that I can wear without socks and my feet don’t smell.
Organizers: Every family seems to have one adult as the designated “crap keeper.” In my family, it’s me. Lol. I’m in charge of boarding passes and passports. I have found keeping these items in a zip mesh bag makes these items so quick and easy to find. I was keeping electronics and cords in another mesh bag, but just ordered this one made specifically for electronic devices.
Portable Charger: love this one.
Water Bottle: keep it empty to get through airport security, but an insulated water bottle is so nice to have when you arrive at your destination! Keep your ice water (or margarita!) cold at the pool!
Backpack: My teen daughters and I fight over who gets to use this as their carry-on. It’s the most stylish backpack I’ve seen. Great shape and love that you can carry it as a bag or as a backpack. Available in a ton of colors.
Kindle: Vacation is a perfect time to unplug and dig into a good book! Love traveling with a Kindle! Sharing some book recommendations below.
Sunglasses: quality glasses at a decent price point.
I’ve been on a streak with good books lately! These are the last 5 books I’ve read and I highly recommend all of them!
- The Huntress by Kate Quinn: I love this author, if you haven’t read The Alice Network, that one is really good, too. The Huntress switches characters and timelines with each chapter, but you just know they are all going to tie together in the end. It’s a page turner and is keeping me up late!
- The Dutch House by Ann Patchett: a dysfunctional family, an evil stepmother, and a house that spans generations, this book is about forgiving, forgetting, and moving on. My book club read this and everyone liked it. FYI, Tom Hanks narrates the audio version and is amazing.
- The Rent Collector by Camron Wright: this story is based on true events in the country of Cambodia. A family struggles to make ends meet while living in the largest municipal waste dump in Cambodia. This book was unique and really makes you appreciate the life you have.
- The Orphan Keeper by Camron Wright: I enjoyed The Rent Collector so much that I bought another one of Wright’s books. I might have liked The Orphan Keeper even more! The book is based on a true story of a seven year old who was kidnapped from his village in India and sold to a couple in The United States. I loved that at the end there were pictures and comments from the people whom the story was based. I had no idea it was based on a true story until I saw those! Amazing!
- Night Road by Kristin Hannah: I love all her books, but this one really got me! Probably because it is about a mother and her two twin teenagers. Such a relatable book for those of us with tweens or teens and raises many thought provoking questions about parenting.
Shop The Post
In addition to occasional sponsored posts, The Barely B’s uses clickable affiliate links. That means that TBB may receive a small commission from sales at no extra charge to the buyer. For us to continue providing fashion inspiration, we appreciate you shopping through our links and checking out through the store website, not the store app. This also provides us with valuable information to bring you more of what you like! As always, our opinions are 100% our own and we only recommend things that we truly like or use ourselves. Thank you for your loyal support.❤️